A short note I wrote on Facebook- looking for opinions, what do you guys think?
If even half of these reports about the “next generation” of Xbox and Playstation are anywhere near correct, Nintendo has a real opportunity to get back into the game by partnering with smaller publishers and developers and creating unique and inventive games. While the “big guys” over at Microsoft and Sony are conspiring to make sure the used games market dies a merciless death while publishing the kinds of games you WANT to get rid of after playing, Nintendo can win the next round of the generation wars by disregarding this line of thinking, and working with independent developers to create games you won’t want to trade in even after you’ve completed them. Most of the best games out there these days are developed by teams of fewer than twenty people. (See “Limbo,” “Braid,” “Antichamber,” “Way,” etc) Nintendo would do well to get in their corner. What do you guys think?
- andrebalbuena likes this
- andtheensuingchaos likes this
- adgloriamdei likes this
- theopholus said: This is the kind of creative thinking we need. Go for it!
- schroedus likes this
- hectorfourteen likes this
- mikestahlme reblogged this from blimeycow and added:
- jenaebatman likes this
- hehelarry said: I personally think they need to think up a game that changes everytime it’s played, like, everytime you play parts of it change. that would be AWESOME!
- hehelarry likes this
- i-will-pursue-your-presence likes this
- blimeycow posted this